Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Regents Canal and Coventry Garden

Jaime kindly took me to Warwick Avenue where I met Kerry to take a 106 year old narrowboat on a short trip to Camden market. What a lovely journey! Green trees, water birds and elegant houses and a very quiet space all in the middle of London. There is a large alternative community of narrow boat dwellers along this stretch with very colourful boats. We docked a Camden Lock and we walked through part of the market and down the street, parting company. My next stop was Covent garden and I enjoyed seeing the phone boxes, part of an art installation.I went to the National
Portrait Gallery and did some shopping in Oxford Street. Later that evening we went out to Haddon Gardens to a restaurant called The Bleeding Heart, run by John Hancock (Trinity Hill) and his partners.We had a great meal - wonderful food and wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment