Monday, July 2, 2012

Hampton Court and their flower show.

Today was the first day that I managed the London traffic system by myself! I took the Jubilee line into Waterloo then took SWTrains to Hampton Court - all by myself. Finding Hampton Court (H.C.) was no problem. I just followed the crowd out of the station and over the bridge and there it was. Small and domestic looking really. I had a lovely day looking through most of the exhibitions and apartments, going out into the gardens when the weather allowed and coming inside when it did not. On Home Park, just beyond the palace grounds, I found the opening day of the Royal Horticultural
Show, which I had seen on the web. A lovely woman exhibitor who I spoke to told me it was the Press day and admired the fact that I had "blagged" my way into the Show. Some very excited children were also there because of a competition for scarecrows on an Olympic theme (!) I also discovered that the Royal School
Of Needlework had a shop there - how convenient! Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment