Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lambie:lost in London

Yes, steel yourselves. Lambie is lost in London. Somewhere near the centre of this great city, Lambie went AWOL. It put quite a dampener on the day. Still, he is off on his own adventure and who knows? - we may meet again.
Today was all about finding where Shakespeare wrote his later plays, the London Wall, St. Paul's Cathedral and the Globe. So, lots more walking around. I am starting to feel like I can handle the transport system, having been in rush hour twice. I might have misplaced Lambie but I nearly got adopted by a red squirrel when I was having a sandwich in St. Paul's gardens. My visit to St. Paul's coincided with Sung Eucharist, which was very lovely.They have a good audio system to carry around with lots of information. I went around the High Altar and the Crypt then set off for the Globe and "The Taming of the Shrew". It was a wonderful production - very bawdy and funny - featuring a nearly nude moment which really got the attention of the many students in the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment