Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Castle

Today was Windsor day.I set off by tube to Waterloo and then train to Windsor. The castle seems to rise up at you from the river and is very imposing. The security is much more in evidence with screening of bags and policemen on all gates. I visited the State Apartments and St. George's Chapel. The side Chapel for the Queen Mother, George VI and the ashes of Princess Margaret is very modest - just a flat granite slab. I did see the soldiers in the busby and the gardens around the Tower were very beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, sounds as though you are well making the most of your time there. I really enjoyed Windsor Castle and as Sir Edmond Hillary was a Knight of the Garter at the time, it was very moving to see his seat and pennant in St George's Chapel. Continue to have a wonderful time, and did my eyes deceive me or have you found Lambie again :):)

    ReplyDelete