Friday, July 6, 2012

Globes and Dinosaurs

First up a confession:this is being written a day late. The day ended at the theatre and we did not get home until VERY late (for moi!). The day started with a tube down to London Bridge and a now-familiar walk past the market and Southwark Cathedral to the Globe. I got my free admission and went around a very interesting exhibition before joining the tour. A very personable young woman took the tour and managed to drop many quotations from the Bard into her presentation. I learned more about the new indoor Inigo Jones designed theatre which is to open in two years. Next it was off to South Ken and then Then Natural History Museum where I met Alex. We had lunch in a really great Turkish place just down the road from where we met a few years ago - the Zetland Arms. Later I got a guided tour of the dinosaurs which Alex works on (check below). Wished I could take all grandchildren there, but maybe not all at once - sensory overload! The "Animals Inside Out" exhibition was quite astounding. By then I needed to get outside again and - rare event - it was sunny! So Charing Cross and a good book store beckoned. Then is was time to meet Jaime at the Young Vic where Reena joined us for a drink and a meal then we went to the Old Vic to see Michael Frayn's play "Democracy" so late home.

No comments:

Post a Comment